We are an LGBT+ inclusive and welcoming set. We welcome all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We aim to provide a supportive environment for LGBT+ members, pupils, staff, clients and all visitors to chambers.
We aim to do this by:
- Always challenging LGBT+ phobic language or behaviour, whether from anyone in our organisation, or directed at anyone in our organisation from anyone dealing with our organisation.
- Having recruitment and selection processes designed to encourage LGBT+ applicants and to reduce the risk of bias and discrimination against LGBT+ candidates. We will not use recruitment agencies who do not share our values.
- Ensuring that by 31st December 2021 everyone involved in managing or overseeing our selection processes has had recruitment equality training which included LGBT+ issues.
- Encouraging LGBT+ people in our organisation to apply for judicial and similar career-advancing appointments. We have a designated barrister for LGBT+ people to go to with any concerns. We bring to the attention of everyone in our organisation and joining our organisation the LGBT+ networks that exist more widely for barristers and all who work with them.
- Ensuring that we allow everyone individually identified on our website and in our marketing materials to choose their own pronouns if they wish.
- Ensuring that all members, pupils, staff, clients and visitors know that we welcome partners of any sex or gender at our Chambers events.
- Working with our landlords to ensure that by the earliest possible opportunity there is a gender-neutral option for all toilet facilities we offer (including for people with impaired mobility), for which all the signage is gender-neutral.
- Making it clear in our Parental and Carer’s Leave policy that our policy applies equally to parents in same sex relationships.
- Monitoring our pledge annually and promoting it on our website.