In the first of a two-part series, Ben Hicks and Andrew Spencer provide an overview of the basic principles applicable to employer’s liability claims and discuss some of the commonly encountered issues arising in relation to them.
- What are the causes of action now available to employees?
- Who can bring a claim against an employer?
- What are the four central tenets of the employer’s duty?
- When and how can Regulations still assist an employee?
- When and why might an employee be found to have been contributorily negligent?
- What defences are potentially available to the employer
View the slides here – Employers Liability – Back to Basics