This is the third of our 1CL Weekly Webinar series – Employer’s Liability: Back to Basics.
In the first of a two-part series, Ben Hicks and Andrew Spencer will provide an overview of the basic principles applicable to employer’s liability claims and discuss some of the commonly encountered issues arising in relation to them.
Topics will include:
- What are the causes of action now available to employees?
- Who can bring a claim against an employer?
- What are the four central tenets of the employer’s duty?
- When and how can Regulations still assist an employee?
- When and why might an employee be found to have been contributorily negligent?
- What defences are potentially available to the employer
This webinar will be followed in June by the second webinar in the series, when Ben and Andrew will consider how the current Covid-19 pandemic might give rise to novel and unusual issues in the context of employer’s liability and discuss the approaches which might be taken to them.
We will also be answering any questions you may have on employer’s liability. Please submit your questions for us when registering for the event and we will answer as many as we can during the webinar.
Whilst the majority of us continue to work remotely, these webinars will take place every Thursday at 11am. We will be exploring some COVID-19 related issues, but also looking beyond that to cover a whole range of topics that are relevant to you at this time.
We look forward to seeing you there!