In the first of this two part webinar series on capacity, Laura Johnson and Susanna Bennett go back to basics on the law of capacity as it relates to personal injury claims with a focus on some of the knotty practical issues that commonly arise in practice, where there are concerns about the capacity of a party.
The webinar covers:
- The nuts and bolts of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Capacity in personal injury proceedings – the role of CPR 21
- Hints and tips on common issues for practitioners, including:
- when to obtain evidence on a client’s capacity
- what evidence to compile
- how to find a litigation friend
- disagreements between experts
- how to approach fluctuating capacity
- concerns that the other party may lack capacity
The second webinar in the series will be scheduled for early 2022 and will consider Capacity Issues and Claims arising out of Traumatic Brain Injury.
View the slides – Managing Capacity Issues in Personal Injury Proceedings