Senior (10+ yrs call)
Clients describe him as having “an approachable and relaxed manner which puts clients at their ease” and say that he “instils confidence in clients and achieves excellent results” as he “gives precise and definitive advice”.
Simon is on the panel for Aviva, EUI and other major Insurers for fraud personal injury work. As a result Simon is routinely instructed by a wide range of solicitors to act in this area.
Legal 500 describes him as giving "precise and definitive advice" as well as having "an approachable and relaxed manner which puts clients at their ease". Simon has particular experience in catastrophic personal injury claims for both Claimants and Defendants, fraud personal injury work, industrial disease claims, sexual abuse claims and high value clinical negligence cases particularly those involving cerebral palsy. He is routinely instructed by Aviva, EUI and other Insurers for the full range of fraudulent personal injury work. Simon also has experience in professional negligence actions particularly in claims involving suspected fraud.
Simon’s area of speciality is catastrophic personal injury claims including industrial disease litigation, motor insurance personal injury fraud, sexual abuse, clinical negligence actions with particular focus on cases involving brain injury and cerebral palsy and fraud-related professional negligence actions including property and mortgage fraud claims. He has acted in cases involving fraud rings, staged accidents and phantom passengers.
Simon also regularly acts in cases where LSI is alleged and he has achieved a large number of Fundamental Dishonesty findings at Court.
- MA Downing College Cambridge University
- Astbury Scholar of Middle Temple
- Hamsworth Entrance Exhibtioner of Middle Temple
- A v Archbishop of Birmingham  EWCA 1361. Simon acted for the Defendant in a £1.9 million personal injury claim following childhood sexual abuse by a priest.
- XY v Devon County Council . Simon acted for the Defendant in a novel personal injury claim arising as a result of alleged breaches of the Gender Recognition Act and the Human Rights Act by a transgender Claimant.
- Hussain v Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust. Simon acted for the Claimant in a multi million pound claim arising as a result of brain damage sustained at birth.
- Godden & Oths v Kent and Medway Straegic Health Authority  Lloyds Rep Med 521. Simon acted for a number of Claimants who successfully argued that a Health Trust could be vicariously liable for sexual abuse committed by a self employed GP whilst working on Trust premises.
Clinical negligence - leading juniors - Tier 4 - ‘His strengths are attention to detail and his down to earth manner with clients.’
Personal injury - leading juniors - Tier 5 - ‘He is always well prepared, succinct and gives definite advice to get cases resolved.’
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association