Senior (10+ yrs call)
“His strength as an advocate lies in his calm and well-judged delivery.”
Amongst clients he is known for mastering tactical considerations at all stages of proceedings, whilst fighting their corners tenaciously in court.
Please contact us for full details of his CV, including recent cases.
Saleem's expertise is reinforced by his ranking as a Leading Individual in the Legal 500.
PROFESSIONAL NEGLIGENCE (CONSTRUCTION) CASES 2018-2020
- Acting for a number of Claimant Housing Associations in High Court (TCC) claims arising out of defectively designed and installed cladding, which is a fire hazard.
- Acting for a charity which purchased a number of tall buildings that have now been found to have potentially hazardous and combustible cladding.
- Advising a Claimant organisation on their defects liability insurance policy to assess if it covers their claim.
- Represented the Defendant in a High Court (TCC) claim brought against an architect for the alleged negligent certification of flats.
- Represented the Defendant in a professional liability and professional conduct High Court claim concerning a Silk.
- Represented the Defendant in a High Court breach of professional duty claim against a leading architectural services firm (planning obligation).
- Represented the Defendant in a High Court professional indemnity claim brought against solicitors (alleged settlement undervaluation).
- Represented the Defendant surveyor in a claim alleging breach of express duties relating to the development of buildings.
- Represented the Claimant company in respect of alleged defective glazing/software used for a large building developer who was part of an underlying action against various sub-contractors (TCC).
- Represented an investment company who purportedly failed to consider the client’s wishes relating to risk when creating a portfolio that was later affected by the global financial crisis.
- Represented a marine surveyor in respect of alleged negligent certification.
- Represented the Defendant architectural firm in a claim of alleged poor supervision involving complex issues on Limitation and third parties (TCC).
- Advised insurers on their policy coverage against allegations of fraud and non-disclosure and on numerous related quantum/costs specific issues.
- Representing a building owner who contracted for fire protection services.
- Representing an architectural firm in a TCC case where a hospital wing was built that is now allegedly beset with water ingress.
PUBLIC SECTOR PERSONAL INJURY CASES 2018-2020
- Appointed to the Independent Abuse Panel Commission (Lambeth appeals) 2018.
- Represented a local authority in an historic abuse (1950s-1970s) group action in the High Court brought by former pupils of a school. Concurrent Police investigations led to complex disclosure and public interest arguments as well as limitation and unclear expert evidence points due to the passage of time. All claims were discontinued. Led by Andrew Warnock QC.
- Representing local authorities in High Court child abuse claims concerning children allegedly abused by family members and/or foster carers, with HRA/common law allegations against social workers.
- Representing a local authority in a High Court claim allegedly involving a teacher sexually assaulting pupils during class. A Police investigation led to a number of claimants but itself was criticised, leading to arguments on causation and prejudice in terms of limitation. Further causation arguments are central to the claim on reduced career prospects and educational attainment.
- Representing a local authority school for alleged improper use of force against a disruptive pupil with autism. Allegations of human rights violations and breach of national guidelines. Assessment and balance to be decided between the safety of others and that of an individual pupil.
- Representing a local authority in claims by employees for alleged failure to protect against harm by a teenager with behavioural difficulties in a care home. Examination of what resources were/should have been allocated for staff by the local authority and the status of duties.
- Represented a local authority in a child abuse claim allegedly committed by a temporary employee sourced from an agency during school transportation. Claim settled after vicarious liability determined.
- Represented a local authority in an education negligence claim (delayed referral and diagnosis of autism alleged against a hospital and educational psychologist). Claim struck out.
- Represented a local authority for alleged false imprisonment, malicious prosecution and assault following the removal of a number of vulnerable children and adults from a large foster home. Claim struck out. Led by Andrew Warnock QC.
- Representing a local authority in a claim that it failed to intervene so as to protect a vulnerable child without parental supervision, allegedly breaching its common law duty of care to the child and her rights under the HRA.
- Represented a local authority in the High Court in a claim for damages arising out of alleged negligent sectioning and detention of a mental health patient.
- Represented a party in a complex Court of Protection case concerning powers of attorney.
- Representing a NHS Trust in a stress at work claim involving childhood abuse.
- Representing a defendant in an Employer’s Liability catastrophic injury case with complex injuries and causation.
‘His strength as an advocate lies in his calm and well-judged delivery.’