Senior (10+ yrs call)
“His strength as an advocate lies in his calm and well-judged delivery.”
Amongst clients he is known for delivering excellent advice at all stages of proceedings whilst fighting their corners tenaciously in court.
- Large development cladding fire safety remediation claims following the Grenfell tragedy.
- Group Actions in non-recent Child and vulnerable adult Abuse cases.
- Construction actions with complex issues entailing Quantum, Limitation, Contribution, Adjudication etc.
- Education and Human Rights Act claims involving children with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Civil actions concerning taking children into care.
- Stress at work claims with complicated causation and expert issues.
- Saleem is also a member of the Independent Appeal Panel of the Lambeth Children’s Homes Redress Scheme.
Recently reported cases include:
- GAISANCE v SOUTHWARK LONDON BOROUGH COUNCIL (2018) (Ltl. 5/7/18) - A claim for damages of £2.9m was struck out where a warrant had been obtained by the local authority and issued in relation to a claimant under the Mental Health Act 1983 and he had been taken from his home, detained and treated in a hospital. The court made a general civil restraint order against the claimant for two years.
Tier 5: ‘His strength as an advocate lies in his calm and well-judged delivery.’
- Peter Duffy QC Human Rights Scholar