Senior (10+ yrs call)
- Personal injury, including both portal and non-portal claims; with a particular interest in Stage 3 hearings. Robert will also advise on quantum and undertake much larger actions on a CFA basis.
- Housing, including acting for both claimants and defendants in claims for possession of residential property; social housing appeals, disrepair claims, and 1954 Act proceedings.
- General litigation; with a particular focus on tactically advantageous interim applications.
- Immigration; Robert is a specialist immigration practitioner with a particular involvement in the operation of the immigration rules.
- Private client; wills and probate with an interest in Inheritance Act claims.
Robert was also a junior disclosure counsel in the Grenfell inquiry and has an interest in the law relating to civil contempt, the information tribunal, and embassies.
Barclay-Watts & Ors v Alpha Paraneti & Ors  HQ11X02379 – led as junior drafting counsel in substantial cross-border litigation involving mis-selling of holiday lets in Cyprus.
Re Cicek  Norwich Coroner’s Court – appeared for bereaved spouse in Inquiry involving allegations of inadequate mental health guidance available to police officers.
Calderdale NHS Trust v Atwal  EWHC 961 – dealt with sentencing for first contempt of court action brought by an NHS trust.
WH (Pakistan) v SSHD  EWCA C7/2016/2000 – granted permission to appeal to the Court of Appeal against the incorrect application of the PBS.
R (Ali) v SSHD  UKUT JR/7477/2016- successfully obtained judicial review arising from a poorly handled interview conducted by the SSHD.
2008 – Lincoln’s Inn Hardwicke Entrance Scholarship
2007 – Lincoln’s Inn Haldane GDL/CPE Scholarship
2007 – Jomati Foundation Scholarship (GDL Bursary)
- Vice Director and General Legal Counsel of Republic
- Lincoln’s Inn
- The Reform Debates– 16 Apr 2016 contributing author
- Robert on RT News debate in respect of receipt of legal aid by “ISIS Bride” Shamina Begum in 2019
- Robert on RT News debate on the topic of moral & legal – published 14th May 2019
- Robert on RT News UK speaking on the study which shows 107,000 children living in London are undocumented, 10th January 2020
- MA (Oxon) History
- GDL (Nottingham Law School)
- BVC (Nottingham Law School)