Richard J.G. Beaty
Junior (0-10 yrs call)
“Richard Beaty is described as a “titan of the professional indemnity market.” He has “huge expertise” along with “wisdom, superb judgement and common-sense.”
Having held additional positions as a Designated Member of the firm and appointments to the business services executive and audit committee, Richard was also head of DAC Beachcroft’s national professional indemnity team. He relinquished that role in 2007 when he was appointed global client relationship partner for a key insurer client leading BD and CRM activity for the international business.
Richard was called to the Bar in 2012 and is a member of the academic faculty at the Dickson Poon School of Law, King’s College, University of London, as a Lecturer in Public Law.
- LLB(Hons), LLM (Dist)
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court 1990
- Called to the bar 2012 (Lincoln’s Inn)
- (PhD - University of London (King’s College) for submission 2018/19 Privacy and the Rule of Law)
"Richard Beaty is ‘extremely hardworking’" Legal 500 UK 2013 Edition, Insurance, Professional Negligence, London
"Richard Beaty's knowledge, experience and breadth of practice wins plaudits from market commentators. An impressive workload is consolidated by his feel for a case and realistic view of what is worth fighting for." Chambers and Partner UK 2013 Edition, Professional Negligence, London
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Administrative Law Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Commercial Bar Association