Senior (10+ yrs call)
Maurice’s practice encompasses all aspects of real property and he has particular expertise in land registration; disputes arising from the sale of land; restrictive covenants; injunctions; access to neighbouring land applications; and landlord & tenant disputes
Trusts, Wills & Probate
He also specialises in cases involving common intention constructive trusts; estoppel; removal of trustees; applications under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996; removal of executors; contentious probate; estates and inheritance disputes.
His construction practice is made up of adjudications, arbitrations and enforcement of adjudication awards. He has recently dealt with payment claims arising from oral contracts in a large-scale construction project where the employer gave direct payment assurances to sub-contractors. He has attended on numerous arbitrations mostly involving disputes arising from parties to joint venture agreements.
Maurice also deals with general commercial and contractual disputes and professional negligence claims.
- Grondona v Stoffel & Co  P.N.L.R. 36 Court of Appeal - Illegality defence in relation to a claim for negligence/breach of contract against conveyancing solicitors where a mortgage fraud had been alleged.
- Dacy Building Services Ltd -v- IDM Properties LLP  EWHC 178 (TCC) - Judgment for circa. £280,000 enforcing an adjudication award, where Fraser J found an oral contract existed between the parties.
- JKMK Consultancy Ltd -v- Goldie Properties Ltd  EWHC 3689(QB) - Discharge of a ‘without notice’ injunction against a landlord as the evidence showed that the tenant had been using the property for short-term holiday lettings and advertising online for such purposes. The court had not been given full disclosure by the tenant when it applied for the injunction.
- Dacy Building Services Ltd -v- IDM Properties LLP  EWHC 3007;  B.L.R 114; 170 Con. L.R. 176 - Summary judgment in respect of an adjudication award was refused where a property development company had a realistic prospect of succeeding in its defence that it did not have a contract with a sub-contractor in the context of an oral construction contract.
- Roman v Byrne (2015) Chancery Division - Claim for removal of a restriction entered at the Land Registry entered in circumstances of alleged duress and undue influence and counterclaim for common intention constructive trust of property allegedly used as a cannabis farm.
- Frankel v Kabysh (2012) - Access to Neighbouring Lands Act 1999 injunctions and nuisance claims in relation to properties in Cadogan Square
- Salim Moloo v Pratap Gill  Court of Appeal - On the issue of compliance with section 2 of the Law of Property (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1989;
- Daejan Investment Ltd v Executive Investment Ltd (2011) - Substantial damages awarded for breach of implied covenant to prosecute an insurance claim in relation to flooding at a commercial property
- Bukhari v (1) POW TRUST (2) Peter Sainsbury (3) John McVicar (4) Angelo Silva  EWHC 19 - Reinstatement of a civil restraint order in circumstances where the Judge having set the CRO aside had been misled.
- North Hertfordshire District Council v Carthy  EWCA Civ 20,  All ER (D) 93 (Jan) - Possession proceedings based upon false statements made by the tenants.
- Villatte v 38 CLEVELAND SQUARE MANAGEMENT LTD (2001) Lands Tribunal - Service charges; unreasonableness; validation of acts of a company
- LB Islington v Demetriou & Richards  - "Lottery Winner" possession case - tenant condition not satisfied where there was an intention to return to original home solely to pursue a 'Right to Buy' application.