Senior (10+ yrs call)
According to the directories, Jack is “Supremely intelligent and practically very sound”, “has an incredible ability to view a case from all angles and often pre-empts issues before they even arise” and that he “turns things around very quickly, gets to the nub of the issue and gives strong advice”.
Jack is also increasingly developing a practice in defending public authorities (such as local authorities, NHS Trusts and the police and emergency services) against a range of tortious and statutory claims, and has been involved in high profile decisions in the field of Occupiers’ Liability (Edwards v London Borough of Sutton) and Occupational Stress (Bailey v Devon Partnership NHS Trust).
Jack is a Deputy District Judge on the South Eastern circuit.
- Edwards v London Borough of Sutton (2017) - Leading Court of Appeal decision on the decision of an Occupier of Land in respect of the duty to warn of risks
- Bailey v Devon NHS Partnership Trust (2014) Leading high court decision on the liability for occupational stress and risk assessment
Travel Law - Leading Juniors - Tier 1 - ‘Top draw in his specialist area of travel law. ’
‘He is very forensic in his dealings on cases and quickly gets to grips with complicated issues in cross-jurisdictional cases.’
Consumer - Leading Juniors - Tier 3 - ‘Recommended for travel law cases.'
Chambers & Partners 2022
Travel: International Personal Injury (Juniors) - Band 1
Jack Harding has a wide-ranging practice covering private international law, aviation accidents and package travel. He is also well versed in aviation-related discrimination cases. He represents claimants and defendant tour operators, airlines, hotels and insurers in cases arising from aircraft incidents and outbreaks of illness, including large group actions.
"He is really technical, detailed and excellent at unpicking a tricky case." "He has fantastic travel law knowledge and is great with clients." "A very experienced junior who gives pragmatic and sensible advice."
Who's Who Legal: UK Bar 2021
Jack Harding is noted as he “stands out as an “astute and very well-prepared junior” who is regularly engaged in cross-border injury claims and package holiday disputes.”
Jack is ranked as ‘most highly regarded’ junior.
Best Lawyers UK 2022
Jack is recognised in Best Lawyers UK 2022 for his work in Personal Injury Litigation and Travel Law.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Action Against Medical Accidents
- Travel and Tourism Lawyers Association (TATLA)
- BA – Cambridge University (1st class)
- MA Cambridge; BVC Nottingham Law School