Senior (10+ yrs call)
He has acted for and against local authorities and police forces for over 25 years, acting in hundreds of claims during that time, in all courts and for every type and value of claim. He has acted as an advocate and as a legal adviser to the panel in police disciplinary proceedings, and has acted on many cases in disciplinary proceedings against barristers.
- Northumbria University BA (Hons) 1988
- Inns of Court School of Law (Bar Finals) 1989
- Qualified advocacy trainer
- D (Children) v Wakefield MDC  3312 (Fam): a barrister who presented a care claim on behalf of a local authority had not been negligent or guilty of any misconduct.
- Legg v Sterte Garage  EWCA Civ 97: a judge was entitled to make a non-party costs order against an insurance company that caused costs to be increased by its actions.
- Wilson v G P Haden trading as Clyne Farm Centre  EWHC 1211: a user of adventure equipment was entitled to damages for the centre's failure to instruct him adequately in the use of its equipment.
Police Law - Leading Juniors - Tier 1 - ‘An accomplished advocate who provides timely advice.'
Chambers & Partners 2020
Police Law (Juniors) Band 3
Acts for the police in civil claims concerning misfeasance, false imprisonment and assault. He defends against claims for breaches of the Human Rights Act and the Equality Act, in relation to alleged discrimination.
"He is extremely easy to deal with, concise and clear in his advice and goes the extra mile to assist in terms of his drafting, which is extremely persuasive. He remains utterly composed on his feet but retains the ability to fearlessly go on the offensive with both witnesses and the judge when needed."
Recent work: Defended the Gloucestershire Constabulary against a claim for conspiracy to deprive the claimant of his property, after it seized and sold a flock of sheep which he had allowed to create a nuisance.
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- London Commercial and Common Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit