Junior (0-10 yrs call)
Ella also acts for claimants and defendants in a wide range of clinical negligence claims. She acts as junior counsel in high value and complex claims, and is trusted to handle substantial claims without a leader. Recent cases have concerned delayed diagnosis of cancer, injuries at birth, missed orthopaedic diagnosis, failure to obtain informed consent, colorectal surgery, urology, cosmetic surgery and chronic pain.
Ella has a special interest in, and experience of, civil actions against the police including claims for false imprisonment and malicious prosecution. She has also advised in relation to police misconduct proceedings, human rights claims and data protection issues.
Motor Insurance Fraud - Up and Coming
Ella Davis enjoys a solid reputation for her adept handling of fraudulent and exaggerated personal injury claims. Her advocacy consistently achieves findings of fundamental dishonesty and awarding of costs against both claimants and solicitors.
Recent work: Represented the defendant in a credit hire costs claim arising from a traffic accident, where the claimant had settled a personal injury claim from the same accident. The claim was struck out as an abuse of purpose.
- Inner Temple Major Scholarship
- Winner Inner Temple Lawson Moot
- Hertford College Scholarship
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Free Representation Unit
- Travel & Tourism Lawyers Association
- University of Oxford: History with Modern Languages (French)
- Nottingham Law School: BPTC - Outstanding, GDL - Distinction