Queen’s Counsel (QC)
“He is terribly bright, intelligent and fantastic with clients. He really rolls his sleeves up and he communicates well.”
Outside of court, Edward was formerly on the Personal Injuries Bar Association executive committee and is a contributor to its Personal Injuries Handbook. As noted under the membership section, he is on the editorial board of Kemp & Kemp on “The Quantum of Damages” contributing numerous chapters including a practitioner’s guide to clinical negligence claims in Volume Two. He also contributed to “Emergency Services Law and Liability” published by Jordans and Pittaway and Hammerton’s “Professional Negligence Cases” (Butterworths).
He is also a qualified PIcARBS (The Personal Injury claims Arbitration Service) Arbitrator and a member of Sport Resolutions arbitration panel.
- KXM v Abertawe Bro Morgannwy University LHB (2020) Lawtel Quantum Reports
- AXA v University Hospitals Bristol NHS FT (2020) Lawtel Quantum Reports
- YAH v Medway NHS Foundation Trust  1 WLR 1413 – Defended NHS Trust in a claim for psychiatric damage suffered by mother in traumatic childbirth. Clinical negligence
- BZE v Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS FT (2018) Lawtel Quantum Reports
- Barnett v Medway NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 235 - Defended NHS trust against alleged failures to identify and treat spinal abscess. Decision upheld on appeal. Clinical negligence
- Daniel v St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust and London Ambulance Service  EWHC 23 (QB) - Clinical treatment of prisoner by nursing staff and ambulance service. Clinical negligence and human rights
- Tait v Gloucester Hospital NHS Trust  EWHC 848 - Acted for a claimant who recovered £2.4 million in quantum trial for delayed diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome. Clinical negligence.
- Griffiths v Sec of State for Health  EWHC 1264 (QB) - Acted for claimant making allegations of failures by paramedics treating spinal injury. Clinical negligence.
Clinical Negligence - Leading Silks Tier 3 - ‘A fine advocate with an intelligent and thoughtful approach to the law.’
Personal Injury - Leading Silks Tier 4 - ‘Outstanding advocate. Clever and alive to innovative legal arguments.’
Chambers & Partners 2021
Clinical Negligence (Silks) - Band 1- A high-ranking silk, with over 30 years' experience in the field of clinical negligence, who is admired for his depth of knowledge. He is regularly instructed by both claimants and defendants. "Ed is excellent - he is very thorough and extremely personable." "His cross-examination skills are phenomenal and he's extremely hard-working. He knows his cases back to front and is an extremely intelligent man."
Personal injury (Silks) - Band 2 - Maintains an impressive, multidisciplinary practice comprising catastrophic personal injury, clinical negligence and police law. He is regularly instructed in cases wherein the victim makes allegations against the state regarding its failure to protect against criminal acts. He has a deep knowledge of psychiatric damage claims. He is regularly instructed by both leading claimant and defendant firms.
"He is very good to work with and is very intelligent but also very down to earth and responsive. He's a highly skilled advocate who is excellent with both clients and experts in conference."
Best Lawyers UK 2022
Edward is recognised in Best Lawyers UK 2022 for his work in Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury Litigation.
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association
- Personal injuries Bar Association Executive Committee
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Editorial Board Kemp & Kemp