‘Superb set with a host of top go-to counsel.’
‘An excellent set, with good strength in depth, and expertise from both the claimant and the defendant perspective.‘
‘The set has great strength in depth, with some very talented juniors.’
These are just some of the testimonials published about 1 Chancery Lane in this year’s Legal 500 UK Bar directory.
We’re proud to be ranked across seven practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 – clinical negligence, construction, personal injury, police law, professional negligence, property litigation and travel law.
In our clinical negligence team, ten members are ranked across our full range of experience and call:
- 1 Chancery Lane houses ‘top quality clinical negligence practitioners with skills to suit a variety of cases’.
- ‘Excellent clinical negligence counsel, from QCs to juniors.‘
- ‘There is a broad range of experience amongst counsel which they share by their co-operation with each other.‘
Ten members of 1CL are ranked for personal injury:
- A ‘host of top go-to counsel‘ can be found at ‘wonderful set‘ 1 Chancery Lane.
- ‘1CL has a hugely talented team of barristers in the area of international law including some very promising juniors.’
- ‘An excellent set, providing a great service.’
- ‘Wonderful set of chambers.’
We are a top tier set for our travel law work, with five tier 1 practitioners.
- ‘at the forefront of cross-border high value personal injury claims’, assisting both claimants and defendants on major cases.
- ‘They really know their stuff on international travel. Perhaps the best travel law set.’
- They are a good strong set at all levels – with some very promising junior Juniors.’
- ‘Always contactable, helpful and amenable. Great programme during the pandemic of free online training, webinars and legal updates.’
Our police law team is described as:
- An ‘excellent set from top to bottom‘, with solid expertise in handling judicial review claims and claims brought under the Human Rights Act.
- ‘Excellent counsel’
Of our professional negligence team it says:
- ‘a very good set for professional negligence‘, and has noted strength in handling professional negligence claims involving the education sector and local authorities.
- ‘1 Chancery Lane goes the extra mile for you, and expectations are managed in relation to when you will get the advice. The juniors are always excellent, and the depth of experience and knowledge with all the barristers we have used shines through‘.
In property litigation, our members are described as:
- ‘Detailed and analytical; prompt and user friendly; calm and assured.’
- Has ‘a strong grasp of the rules of evidence and procedure, excellent case management skills.’
In construction Saleem Khalid is described as being ‘extremely thorough in his preparation and is perceptive about strengths and weaknesses of a case.’
The clerks are also recommended with the Legal 500 stating:
- ‘Fantastic and helpful clerks’ room, under the formidable leadership of Clark Chessis.’
- ‘An incredibly helpful and approachable clerks’ room. Clark Chessis and David Barrow are truly exceptional.’
- ‘All the clerks are very responsive – nothing is too much trouble. They reply to questions extremely quickly and are solution focused. They know the strengths of all members of the set and show superb skill in matching the correct barrister for each particular matter.‘
We have 25 of our barristers ranked individually across the practice areas. Our full rankings and testimonials can be found on the Legal 500 website.