Home > Latest News > CLIENTS 'MOST IMPRESSED' WITH 1 CHANCERY LANE
CLIENTS 'MOST IMPRESSED' WITH 1 CHANCERY LANE
Following strong rankings in this year’s Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 rankings, we are delighted to have been mentioned as one of the ‘chambers solicitors [were] most impressed with’, for service and client care. In a major report, by Thomson Reuters, 1 Chancery Lane was one of only 13 chambers, across the UK, to receive a mention for exceptional client care. The report said, on behalf of a solicitor surveyed, from the North West:
1 Chancery Lane: ‘Great relationship with clerks and counsel, always responsive, always helpful, and go the extra mile to help’
We would like to thank those of our clients that have contributed to our being recognised in this report. You can download the full report here.
About the survey
The survey was conducted with a sample of solicitors in private practice and in-house, as well as paralegals, trainees, and other professionals, instructing barristers as part of their practice. Respondents were based all around England and Wales. They came from the full range of practice areas, and were mainly looking to the Bar for dispute resolution expertise. There were 247 complete responses.
The factors considered most important when instructing the Bar were (in descending order of importance):
- Technical or specialist legal knowledge
- Client service
- Relationship with individual barristers
- Experience of working with the chambers
Clients said the best experiences, within the Bar, included:
- When barristers have gone the extra mile (e.g. learning complex contractual issues, with a specific client, to understand the issues not just within the litigation but from a business point of view)
- When barristers are always ready to pick up the phone
- When barristers can talk to clients in a way they understand
- When, on a difficult case with complex expert evidence, the barrister was able to plot a “long course” game, which saw a great result and was exceptionally approachable and hands-on When you can chat about an issue without feeling like you are doing anything other than ringing an expert department, rather than another organisation
- When barristers provide a quick turn around on a time-critical piece of work
At 1 Chancery Lane we are known for our commitment to delivering the very highest standards of client care. We work hard towards our overarching objective of making each client feel that they are our most important client. As part of this we understand that you need an efficient, professional service at all times – covering not only the preparation and presentation of your case but also the associated system for bookings, fee negotiation and billing.
In addition to conducting regular client care reviews and meetings we also conduct an annual client survey. This offers an opportunity to share feedback and ideas for how we might do our jobs even better. The headline findings of this survey, as well as suggestions, are then published to demonstrate our commitment to client care.
If you would like to provide feedback, or arrange a client care meeting, please contact Clark Chessis on email@example.com