Year Of Call: 1995
Ivor’s practice covers a broad range of commercial/ business and general common law disputes. He specialises in insurance (including policy disputes and wording, insurance fraud and claims involving brokers and underwriting agents) and has substantial experience in professional indemnity litigation across most professions, particularly in the fields of construction (surveyors', engineers' and architects' negligence cases) and lawyers.
He is recommended as a leading junior in the Professional Negligence sections of the Chambers & Partners UK Bar Guide 2017 and the 2016 Legal 500 in which clients comment on his skills and expertise, as illustrated by the quotes below:-
“He understands the commercial decision making undertaken by insurer clients.”
“His advice was succinct and he was never on the fence.”
“He is forensic in his consideration of documents and able to explain complex legal principles to lay clients with ease.”
He is experienced in ADR (mediation, adjudication and arbitration) and in professional disciplinary work. He acts for a wide range of public authorities, including councils, police forces and fire services.
Warfield Park Homes Ltd v Warfield Park Residents' Association
LTL 27/3/2007;  EWCA Civ 283
The problems of water leakages could be considered to be a shared problem...
Kew v Bettamix Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 1535
Times, December 4, 2006
Case considered the issues of...
Latest Publications Read more
- 'Musical Chairs: solicitors' liabilities under the Successor Practice Rules' Switched On, Issue 30, July 2009 (AON Insurance)
- 'Pittaway and Hammerton: Professional Negligence Cases' (Butterworths, 1998)
- London Common Law & Commercial Bar Association
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association (Executive Committee)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Member of the Bar Council